The Kalpa (registered under the Societies Act XXI of 1860), which was initiated in the year 2008 is a nonprofit organization which aims among other things:
- Promote Integration, Peace, Harmony and Understanding among various social and ethnic groups of Assam and outside with the values and ideals preached by Srimanta Sankaradeva and his Apostles.
- Preserve and promote various art traditions for their wider understanding and extension.
- Organize Performances of Sattriya Dance, Music and Theater together with other major.
- Preserve and promote various art traditions for their wider understanding.
- Undertake humanitarian activities related to social and public health and hygiene, relief and rehabilitation and provide succor to the downtrodden, socially depressed and handicapped sections of the society. It also aims to undertake extension works in interior areas of Assam for promoting the ideals of peace and amity, harmony, social and cultural development.
- To organize and hold lectures, seminars, exhibitions, festivals of various Indian arts and Literature, Assam in particular, demonstrations of music, dance and theater.